Tomorrow evening is Oscars night! It is already the 86th edition of this prestigious gala, this time hosted by Ellen Degeneres. I can’t wait to see what everyone is wearing on the red carpet. My favourite nominee is 12 years a slave. Unfortunately I can’t watch the whole show due to the time zones. But like every year, I’m definitely glued to the screen for the red carpet broadcast on E! TV. Wouldn’t it be great to have a viewing party with your friends? On pinterest I found so many inspiring ideas to host a themed party.
1. On the blog Hostess with the Mostess I found a DIY tutorial to make tuxedo confetti poppers. Start the party with a big bang and lots of glitter.
2. Dress your drinks with cute paper straws, a glitter rimmed glass, or miniature pompoms. Treat your guests to fancy finger food like macarons and serve them in your most posh glasses.
4. Help yourself is the motto during Oscars viewing parties. Create a pretty table with drinks, hot dogs and sauces, popcorn, and other finger foods so you can get off your feet and enjoy the evening as much as your guests.
5. Illuminate the room with tea lights in votives. Put old film around them to filter the light and to carry through the theme in your interior.
You might also like
- A Drinks and Desserts table with an Audrey Hepburn theme
- Simple Snacks for Superbowl Sunday
- A Summer cocktail with Roses and Raspberry