Today I’m sharing one of my recipes I love to eat on a summer’s evening. It’s comfort food, yet still light enough and quickly prepared for a warm day when you don’t like to slave over a hot stove. As in my other recipes, I find it hard to write down exact measurements, as I just cook by experience and sense and don’t weigh or measure anything. So bear with me. Today we’re having Lemon-butter spaghetti with chicken parmesan, arugula and pine nuts!
- 400 gr spaghetti, cooked al dente
- 2 chicken fillets
- 1 egg
- dried Italian herbs
- bread crumbs
- pinch of salt
- black pepper
- parmesan cheese
- small garlic clove, crushed
- handful of pine nuts
- 50 gr butter
- lemon juice of 1 lemon
- grated lemon zest of 1/2 lemon
- Bring water to boil and cook the spaghetti
- Beat the egg in a bowl, and mix in the crushed garlic. Set aside.
- Roast the pine nuts until golden brown and set to rest.
- Put the chicken fillets on a board, cover with foil, and beat them with a pan to make them thinner
- Season the chicken with a pinch of salt and black pepper
- In a bowl or on a large plate, mix the bread crumbs and dried Italian herbs, and grate the parmesan cheese finely into it. Mix well.
- Dip the chicken fillets in the bowl with egg and then in the bread crumbs-cheese mix until covered
- Fry the chicken on medium heat in a skillet with olive oil or butter, until golden brown. Set aside
- In a sauce pan, melt the butter and take of the heat. Add the lemon juice and lemon zest and stir.
- Drain your spaghetti and pour the butter-lemon sauce over the spaghetti. Then add the pine nuts. Stir well.
- Lastly, add the arugula leaves, and serve the spaghetti on plates
- Lay the chicken on top
- To finish it, add some coarsely grated parmesan cheese
1 thought on “Lemon-Butter Spaghetti with Chicken Parmesan”