A hot trend this winter is the wide brim hat, made of felt or wool, with elegant feathers adorning the side. Especially pheasant and peacock feathers are on trend. I’m a real hats collector, but haven’t decided on which one to buy yet. There are so many out there. It matches well with a slim long woolen coat, a cape, a wrap, or with a suit. But also with skinny jeans tucked in long boots and a thick knit turtleneck sweater on top. The classic style accessory keeps yourself toasty and elegant. In short: no reason not to buy one, is there?
1. fedora hat by Catarzi has been crafted from felted wool and is exclusive to ASOS . The details include: a dipped crown with a contrast grosgrain ribbon, layered feathers and a wide brim. 100% Wool €50
2. Strenesse Blue Hat in red or black, 100% wool € 169,95 at Zalando.nl
3. This hat from De Bijenkorf is made of brown felt with a leather band and diverse feathers €60
4. Eugenia Kim Gabriella feather trimmed rabbit-felt fedora hat. Navy rabbit-felt. Gold metal-trimmed green feather band. 100% rabbit. Spot clean. Rabbit: China. €350 at net-a-porter.com
5. Bailey of Hollywood black fedora hat € 89,95 at Zalando.nl