Don’t feel like carving your pumpkins this year? Or would like to have your pumpkins blend in with the rest of your interior in a chic and stylish way? I selected 8 different DIY projects to embellish and spruce up your pumpkin. The perfect solutions to make a style statement and stay away from the creepy face carving this year. (Scroll down for the tutorials)
1. Spray paint your pumpkin gold and embellish with pearls.
2. Neon and ombre are right on trend and will fit in perfectly in a modern interior
3. Use craft paint and/or stickers to create a contemporary pattern like polka dots or chevron.4. A coat of glitter and gold paint add a bit of sparkle and style to your pumpkins. 5. Just use ModPodge to découpage a pumpkin with pressed leaves, pretty paper or old teared out book pages.
6. Crochet gives your pumpkin a shabby chic look.
7. A studded pumpkin , which are actually thumb tacks, give your pumpkin a funky yet classy look.
8. Let your pumpkins blend in with the rest of your interior by spray painting them in the same accent colour as your home9. Spray paint your pumpkins white and carve them out the stylish way to create glamourous lanterns to light up your drive way or garden.
10. Cover your pumpkin with lace or an old panty hosePhoto sources and tutorials:
- gold with pearls: Sweet Paul
- neon ombre: Normann Copenhagen
- white lanterns: designsponge
- lace pumkins: Little make design (l) The Little brown house (r)
- Chevron pumpkins: My Sweet Savannah
- Dotted pumpkin: Sweet Paul
- Gold en copper pumpkins: creatingreallyawesomefreethings.com
- pumpkin with sparkle powder: Sweet Paul
- dipped sparkle pumpkins: P.S. Heart
- decoupage leafs on gourds: country living
- crochet pumpkins: Mitzy’s miscellany
- studded pumpkin: Waiting on Martha
- pink pumpkin: Babble.com
- decoupage pretty paper
You might also like
2 thoughts on “10 ways to decorate pumpkins”
Loving the pumpkin with the chevron and glitter also… some great idea’s for Halloween 🙂 xD