I am honoured to have been awarded the ‘One Lovely Blog Award’ by Sandy from Confiture de Vivre, a very dear blogging friend who blogs about her recipes and cooking. I met her in an e-course for bloggers and been a big fan of her food styling and food photography ever since. She is so talented, and her blog just shows how passionate she is about what she’s doing. [continue reading after picture]
The award gives me the opportunity to share my favourite blogs with you, my readers, and show some love to my fellow bloggers. But it’s also hard because I have to limit it to no more than 15 and there are so many good blogs out there. So I selected blogs that inspire me, and get my creative juices flowing. I should also mention that Sandy from Confiture de Vivre would have been one of my nominees if I hadn’t been nominated by her first.
This is how it works:
- Link back to and credit the blogger who nominated you.
- Paste the award image on your blog.
- Pass the award on to up to 15 other blogs that you would like to give the award to.
- Contact the bloggers that you have chosen and let them know about the award.
- Share 7 things about yourself
Well, you can read the 7 +3 extra things about me here because I recently added this list to my “about me” page.
In no particular order I pass the One Lovely Blog award to these 10 blogs:
1 Something Blue – I met blogster Lyndsay in the same e-course as where I met Sandy. Her blog is a collection of beautiful interiors, with natural elements, homes by or inspired by the sea, breezy and beautiful. Homes with accessories collected while traveling, interiors with a history and a soul.
2. Lifestyle fom Amsterdam to Marrakech – my blog friend Melanie blogs mainly about beautiful Riads, Morrocan interior design, and other beautiful, and rustic decorated spaces with natural elements and cultural details. Sometimes she slips in a post about beautiful Holland as a contrast. I first met her at a webshops fair where I was sent to by the Dutch magazine 101woonideeën to write a guest blog about my favourite picks. Melanie’s shop El Ramla Hamra was my first pick, and we’ve been in contact ever since.
3. Spraak-water – Samira is another blog friend who has a personal blog documenting her own life. She has an eye for interior styling and I always love the still lifes she creates in her own home and showcases on her blog. We share a love for birds, feathers, white coral, natural elements, things with a soul/history, and beautiful bugs.
4. Griottes – A French blog with fingerlicking recipes, beautiful pictures, Do it Yourself projects, and pictures of nature. Emilie makes of everything a colourful palette and picture to frame. Even if you don’t understand French have a look cause her pictures tell a story you want to “hear”.
5. Loving.Living.Small – Rebecca from Washington shares practical tips, trends and design for small (urban) spaces and how to make your house a home with style. Sounds like me doesn’t it? That’s why I like her blog so much!
6. From Me to You – This is an awe-inspiring photo blog by Jamie Beck. She photographs fashion, New York, and everything beautiful. In her column at Home with she gives us a peek inside the most stunning homes. And in her column Dinner & a Movie yummie recipes. Her photography is in one word mind-blowing. If you weren’t interested in fashion, you will be after visiting her blog!
7. Petite Passport – Pauline Egge shares all her tried and tested travel hot spots. Unique hotels, restaurants and must see destinations. I just know we would be great travel companions cause she enjoys the same things as I do: classy interiors, boutique hotels, and everything that is not the typical tourist trap.
8. Stylizimo – Nina from Norway is such a sweetheart. I met her at the event “Meet the Blogger” in Amsterdam, but I was a fan of her blog before that. Her interior decorating en sense of style is pure, cozy and accessible. I would swop houses with her in a heart beat. My favourite spot in her home is the table in her garden under the cherry tree.
9. Still – Still is a photography blog that will amaze you. For one year, in 2012, Mary Jo blogs one image, daily, of gathered natural objects. Plants, flowers, animals, photographed in a minimalistic yet extraordinary, striking way. It makes you ponder and realize that every little single element is beautiful in itself and should be cherished.
10. Un Cappuccino la mattina – Maricruz is a Mexican expat, photographer and foodstylist. Her photography of food is inspiring and delightful. A feast for the palette and the eyes!