Last year I posted a recipe for an apple-walnut cake. Last weekend I decided to make the recipe again, but with the addition of blackberries and a little bit of rum. The ultimate fireside treat!
Scroll down for the recipe
• 125 gr butter, room temperature
• 170 gr cane sugar
• 2 large eggs
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 400 gr sweet apples, grated
• 200 gr blackberries
• 250 gr flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 100 ml water
– Preheat oven on 180 degrees Celsius.
– Butter up your jars and set aside
– Put the blackberries in a pan with the water and sugar and bring to a boil while constantly stirring. Let simmer for 5 minutes. This is to sweeten the berries, but be careful and mind that they should stay firm and not turn into jam. Turn down the heat and let cool.
– Mix the butter and sugar in a bowl
– Mix in the flour and eggs, vanilla and rum
– Add the apple and mix well. You’ll get a thick mixture
– Arrange the blackberries on the bottom of the jars
– Pour the mixture on top
– Bake the cake in about 1 hour until golden brown
Eat the cake luke warm or on room temperature.