Today I’m over at my American blog-friend’s blog Joyful Scribblings with a guest post. Dawn asked me to share an article on her blog while she is on holiday, so I chose to share my self-invented Roses and Raspberry Cocktail recipe with her readers. And since it’s so good, I couldn’t keep it from my own readers either.
A fresh cocktail that is also visually attractive can’t be lacking at a barbecue or garden party. It encourages your guests to move and mingle while serving themselves. Although roses have a very distinct flavour, it is balanced by the tangy flavour of the limes and sweetness of the raspberries and Cointreau. The bubbles give it that extra flair. I used an Italian sparkling wine, but you can also use champagne. It’s great as a drink as well as drizzled over ice cream. Scroll down for the full recipe.
You’ll need (for 6):
- 250 gr fresh raspberries
- 2 limes, thinly sliced
- 1 bottle of lightly sweet sparkling wine
- 0,05 l Cointreau (available as mini gift bottle)
- 15 cl rose syrup
- crushed ice
- rose petals for decoration
- Add the raspberries, lemons, Cointreau and rose syrup in a serving bowl
- Let it steep for at least 10 minutes
- Chill the bottle of sparkling wine
- Add the wine and crushed ice just before serving
- Add a few rose petals for decoration