Christmas is the international accepted excuse to indulge in everything that is bad for your figure. So if you’re going to sin, let’s do it abundantly! Ever had Christmas trees made of puff pastry, filled with ice cream and covered with butter cream? It’s so easy to make! My cream design does need some work, but practice makes perfect so just make more. Of course this recipe also serves as inspiration for other variations. For example; instead of butter cream cover the puff pastry with chocolate, or icing, or dip it in chocolate flakes. You can also fill the cones with fruit, of whipped cream, or chocolate. (scroll down for the recipe)
- cone moulds
- puff pastry
- ice cream
- butter cream
1. Fold your puff pastry around the moulds and put in the oven according to the directions on the package.
2. Once out of the oven carefully remove the puff pastry from the moulds and let cool down.
3. Fill the cones with ice-cream or whatever filling you like
4. Cover the cones with butter cream or whatever topping you like
5. Put your creations up straight like a small Christmas tree.
1 thought on “Buttercream Christmas trees”
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a happy 2014. Hopefully see you soon x